RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE UK PIETENPOL CLUB
‘The UK Pietenpol Club shall be a sporting club and member club of the Light Aircraft Association, formed for the benefit of Pietenpol owners, builders, operators and enthusiasts.’
Its principal intentions are:-
1. To formalise the existing group(s) of Pietenpol enthusiasts in the UK.
2. To bring together persons with a common interest in Pietenpol aircraft.
3. To provide additional sporting interests and facilities.
4. To provide opportunities for flying and social events.
5. To provide technical information. support and advice for the construction and maintenance of Pietenpol aircraft within the Club's resources, moneys and expertise.
6. To provide and maintain a social media page for the use of members.
7. To promote the Club and the LAA through Club activities.
8. To maintain and distribute a list of paid-up members within the membership, subject to the data protection rules and regulations
9. To maintain a list of completed Pietenpol aircraft and owners and Pietenpol projects and builders.
10.To maintain a web site and home page for Pietenpol aircraft, including a Technical Page with authorised Modification details.
11.To promote an exchange of information and ideas for Pietenpol aircraft with clubs and other associations in other countries
12. To abide by the LAA Club Charter.
RULE 1 DEFINITIONS
A Rule is a statement of policy that has been accorded the status of a Rule by a majority of three or more votes at a General Meeting.
A Bye-law is a temporary Rule that has been made by the Committee or the Secretary.
RULE 2. MEMBERSHIP
1. There shall be two classes of Member.
Either LIFETIME TECHNICAL MEMBER or LIFETIME STANDARD MEMBER
2. A Technical Member shall pay a higher subscription than the Standard Member
3. Standard Members may, on payment of the differential subscription cost, upgrade to Technical Member at any time.
RULE 3 VOTING RIGHTS
1. One member one vote.
2. Casting vote by chairman.
RULE .4 COMMITTEE CONSTITUTION AND DUTIES
Chairman: To be responsible for the good order of the club.
Secretary: To be responsible for Club administration, membership and the day to day running of the club.
Treasurer: To be responsible for club moneys and shall be the primary internet banking user.
Events organiser: To organise fly-ins fly- outs and social events.
Web manager: To organise and maintain a club web site and social media page.
Technical manager: To maintain a library of articles on Pietenpol aircraft modifications, plans, drawings and sources for materials and suppliers.
Safety officer To ensure the Club complies with LAA and insurance requirements.